For authorsEesti Rakenduslingvistika Ühingu aastaraamat = Estonian Papers in Applied Linguistics
The submissions are expected to cover different fields of applied linguistics. The article should be submitted in Estonian, English, German, or Russian, the resumé in English, or Estonian.
Authors should ensure that all submissions are anonymized, the submission should be sent in two separate files:
1) one containing the article and the resumé (WITHOUT mentioning authors' names),
2) the other for authors' biodata (names and brief biographies, incl. affiliations), and acknowledgements, if necessary. (In paper version the latter data should appear only on a separate cover sheet.)
Authors are obliged to submit an electronic version. A pdf- or a paper copy of the article should also be supplied (with biodata on a separate sheet). The electronic version and the original copy of it must be identical.
The electronic version and the pdf-copy should be sent to: email@example.com.
The paper copy (with authors' data on a separate sheet) should be sent to:
Estonian Association for Applied Linguistics
The submission of an article means that the article or its part has not been published in or submitted for publication to another refereed archival publication, nor in any conference or workshop proceedings, as well as on web.
The journal operates a double-blind peer review process. Each paper is reviewed by at least two experts in the field, all reviewers remain anonymous. Authors should ensure that all submissions are anonymized. Authors' names and institutional affiliations should appear only on a detachable cover sheet. Authors will be sent reviewer comments that are judged to be useful to them. Authors whose papers are accepted are expected to submit final versions within 4 weeks of notification.
Authors are asked to follow the Authors Guidelines to prepare their submission.
When downloading the Guidelines file into Your computer You will get the prepared template (with all needed ERY-prefixed styles) for following the technical demands to prepare Your manuscript. (The Reviewers are asked to check the technical side too.)
Authors should follow the instructions of Ensuring a Blind Review:
1. The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc.
2. With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file, by clicking on the following, beginning with File on the main menu of the Microsoft Word application: File > Save As > Tools (or Options with a Mac) > Security > Remove personal information from file properties on save > Save.
3. With PDFs, the authors' names should also be removed from Document Properties found under File on Adobe Acrobat's main menu.
Authors' Biodata should include: title, authors' names, brief biographies, and acknowledgements, if necessary.
Reviewer Form is a questionnaire for referees.
1 October, 2014 – Submission of manuscripts
October, November 2014 – Reviewing process / Final Decisions
December 2014 (5 January, 2015) – Final versions of accepted papers
January, February 2015 – Editing process
April 2015 – Publication
The reviewers' forms will be sent to the author(s) together with the final decision of the editorial board by 30 November, after evaluating all submissions.
The maximum number of submissions per volume is 25. The editorial board will make its final decision after evaluating all reviewers' notes, as well as the volume as a whole, incl. the balance of different fields of applied linguistics, etc. The advisory board will be consulted, if needed. Information: EAAL contact Külli Kuusk.